photography : design : life

Saturday, March 20, 2010

yum.....french food!








Lately, I have been obsessed with food. Well, I guess I have always been obsessed with food. It surely is the way to my heart! I get rather crabby when I am hungry and extremely happy when I am eating. Anyway.....here are some shots from a delicious restaurant we ate in Paris. We were passing the camera back and forth at the table to make sure we got nice photos of the food. It was by far one of the best meals we have ever had and we weren't even embarrassed to take multiple pics of the food!

My recent enhanced obsession with food came after my non-stop reading of "French Women Don't Get Fat" and the follow up to the book, "French Women For All Seasons". If you LOVE food and have no tolerance for cutting "bad" foods out like pastry, chocolate, cheese and everything else that is delicious, then this book is for you. It is basically how I eat already, but reading it only enhanced my love for eating and the all around pleasure that food brings.

We also watched the moving documentary "Food Inc." which was definitely eye-opening. I already knew that most animals were being treated like well, criminals I suppose. This documentary shows how animals and workers are being abused, our government (sorry if you are all about our government) is corrupt and despicable, and how farmers are being sued left and right. I currently try to buy mostly organic foods, cage-free eggs, and all natural meats, but sometimes it's just hard to do the right thing. Sometimes the cost is just too much or sometimes I grab whatever looks good (McDonald's drive-thru anyone?)

I love food and plan to make sure that we only eat the best. You get one chance at life and why risk it by eating tainted meat or knowingly eating meat or dairy products where that animal was treated like garbage?

Enjoy your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment