photography : design : life

Monday, November 23, 2009

versailles



Versailles......I have never seen so much gold in my life!

We took a train about 40 minutes outside of Paris. I love trains, so the ride there was so fun for me. When we arrived at the small train station, we walked about 10 minutes and there it was. Versailles. One of the biggest palaces that has ever been built. The gold was gleaming in the early morning light and my eyes were trying to focus on what was before me. Seeing things this grand is sometimes hard to believe. We were standing in history. How many kings and queens stood here? How many horses have galloped on these cobblestone roads? It was amazing. I still look back on all of our pictures and can't believe that we were there. If you ever make it to France, make sure you find that train and go to Versailles.

No comments:

Post a Comment