photography : design : life

Thursday, February 11, 2010

brussel sprouts




Brussel sprouts were never served in my house growing up. I was forced broccoli which I despised and spinach that was mixed in certain weird Mediterranean dishes my parents would make. One thing I never had to fight off were brussel sprouts. Until about 2 months ago, I have never had them. How crazy is that?!

So I decided to go wild and buy some to cook.

After my first batch, I went on a brussel sprout binge. I wanted them everyday. I couldn't get enough. The obsession has died down, but I still love them and I am thankful that I didn't write them of as a child due to being forced to eat them. Sometimes you just have to let your taste buds mature. Thanks mom and dad!

So here is one of my recipes for the oh-so-wonderful little green veggie:

1. First, wash and slice in half
2. Toss in a large mixing bowl with some olive oil and kosher salt
3. Heat more olive oil in a pan, then add the sprouts and let them brown and soften
4. Transfer to a lined baking sheet with foil. Add shredded Parmesan cheese and more kosher salt
5. Bake in oven for anywhere from 20-30 minutes
6. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment