photography : design : life

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mexico






We went to Puerto Vallarta back in June 2007. I love Mexican culture. I love the food, the music, the language, the hospitality of the people, etc. In the summer, all I wear are Mexican-inspired sundresses and little white cotton tops embroidered with flowers. We play the Tejano station on our TV and blast Gypsy Kings and salsa in the car and when we eat outside in the summers. As for our trip to Puerto Vallarta, our biggest mistake was not looking for the locals enough. That I think is the most important part of traveling. Do as the locals do. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort. That came in handy when we wanted free drinks by the pool or a quick snack of chips and salsa. Bad idea when searching for real authentic Mexican food. The pool bars were even playing Top 40 pop songs. Blah! I wanted a mariachi band or some Top 40 Mexican tunes playing while I was sunbathing. We want to make a trip back to Mexico and this time we wont get too comfortable at the resort. We explored on this trip, but the next one we will search out all of the hidden gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment